Re: [News] Will the Release of Windows Vista be Further Delayed?

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 30 June 2006 14:49 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 30 June 2006 11:21 \__
>>
>>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> But which version of Windows were they testing?
>>
>> From the article above:
>>
>> ,----[ Snippet ]
>>| On June 7, Microsoft released to the public the latest test version of
>>| the product, called Windows Vista Beta 2. Some other early reviews also
>>| have been unkind.
>> `----
>>

> Roy - sorry - should've explained - it was an attempt at a subtle joke,
> although clearly it didn't work!

The question was a fair and valid one, so without some subtle hint, I would
have never guessed. And, yes, I know about these excuses... something along
the lines of "It's Only a Beta" and "The Final Version Will Fix Everything".
I also see that in Digg.com (the comments, that is). It's like those
spoilsports who say "I could have done better" or "it's just a bad day for
me".

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Bring home the world cup, England!
  3:05pm  up 63 days 20:08,  13 users,  load average: 0.63, 0.95, 1.05