The Charter

  • Subject: The Charter
  • From: "tab" <trentallenblack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 29 Jun 2006 11:00:02 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Here is a quote from your charter:

1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy

   The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:

     For discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other
operating
     systems.

   That single sentence is the one and only charter of the newsgroup
   comp.os.linux.advocacy. The newsgroup's charter is for the newsgroup
as a
   place for supporters of Linux to gather to discuss Linux, for the
   betterment of the Linux community and the promotion and development
of
   Linux. It supports this as a place for those who would like to learn
more
   about Linux to come to learn from those who know Linux. It does not
call
   for it to be a place where the anti-Linux propagandists to gather in
order
   to discredit Linux.

tab says:

Did you notice the part about the BETTERMENT OF LINUX.
My story, is well known now, thanks to COLA.  It is a story of
people advocating linux, at any cost to any body.  In my story,
linux almost GOT ME FIRED FOR BEING BUGGY.

If your charter includes screwing people over by lying at all costs.
You almost succeeded.  I am not sure how this is BETTER.
Can someone explain that to me?

All I ask is that you TELL THE TRUTH.  Seems, that can't be done.

Further, COLA is IMMORAL.  I have one of your leaders, stealing
art pictures, and posting on his own web site, without permission.

That, and that ALONE, should get A PERMENANT BAN!  It is
stealing.  No less.  PERIOD.   Show me 10 posts, that are just
about scolding ROY?  I don't see it.

And, here is proof, that what I say, is correct.  I just don't want
this group,
causing others to get fired from work, without the WHOLE STORY.
Maybe a little less lying?  Try something, before you say it works.
Try it in the Distro that someone else is using.  Now, that would be
polite.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/browse_thread/thread/d579e67cd18fd730/67fed34d84546996?q=tab+is+correct&rnum=1#67fed34d84546996