Re: [News] Skype Still Loves Linux

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Ian Hilliard ] on Thursday 29 June 2006 17:59 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.skype.com/download/skype/linux/13beta.html
>>>
>>> New beta released yesterday.
>>
>> That was a long time between drinks. I hope it is worth the wait.
>
> I suspect that Leopard will come with some VoIP (pre-)bundled and I am not
> sure if Firefox was headed in this direction too (a plug-in, of course). I
> believe that telecom giants are working towards taxing VoIP, which would be
> easy in a tiuered Web. SOB's.

In order to get streaming to work in an IP environment, it's necessary
to hugely over-provide - someone has to pay for the extra bandwidth...
alternatively, you can split your traffic into files, messages & streams
and deal with them appropriately - much more cost effective - take your
pick...

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
-- Monty Python and the Holy Grail