Re: Don't forget today's motto.

  • Subject: Re: Don't forget today's motto.
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:52:43 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 29 June 2006 12:41 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> Peter Köhlmann <peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Mark Kent wrote:
>>
>>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

Oops. I had replied to this thread before I realised that it originated from
tab. I thought Paul was the OP. My newssever is doing all the
cleanup/maintenance/catchup between 5:30-6:30AM.

Their attacks on Rex have been utterly disgusting. Anything from his history
to his character has been targetted in a vile manner, which I have to admit
had an effect on me at first. I only later learned to ignore what the trolls
were saying about Rex. And since Peter will surely read this message, I
might as well add that his Google Groups search tells a similar story. He
must have been an effective Linux advocate when he posted more frequently.

>>> I've noticed that this has come up recently as a new attempt to destroy
>>> credibility.  Things must be getting tough up at Redmond now.

I still suspect that there are benefits involved, whether financial or those
that are driven by interests and incentive for a relative/family.

http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/gizmos/2005/11/2_grassroots_an.html

,----[ Quote ]
| "Some years back, Microsoft practiced a lot of dirty tricks using
| online mavens to go into forums and create Web sites extolling the virtues
| of Windows over OS/2. They were dubbed the Microsoft Munchkins, and it was
| obvious who they were and what they were up to. But their numbers and
| energy (and they way they joined forces with nonaligned dummies who
| liked to pile on) proved too much for IBM marketers, and Windows
| won the operating-system war through fifth-column tactics"
`----

Microsoft has _always_ played dirty.

>> Well, the news around Shorthorn MCD aren't that encouraging, aren't they?
>> After all, what is left except a glorified SP3 for XP?

*LOL* I wrote this in March.

http://schestowitz.com/Amusement/vista-upgrade/

> I think this sums up MS's problem very well; the only thing they're
> capable of delivering is SP3 for XP, aka NT5.3, or a patch onto windows
> 2000 (NT5).  If MS deliver such an SP, then they'll be widely castigated
> in the press and elsewhere, and if they deliver nothing, they'll be
> similarly castigated.
>
> No wonder so many people are leaving.

I hope you've had the chance to catch up with the latest. Among it:

        Microsoft Research chief takes summer sabbatical

http://news.com.com/2061-10805_3-6089195.html?part=rss&tag=6089195&subj=news

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    England - 1  Ecuador - 0
Tasks: 184 total,   1 running, 165 sleeping,   0 stopped,  18 zombie