Re: [News] Yuckee Group Praises Linux

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Thursday 29 June 2006 00:38 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Yankee Group: Time Is Ripe For Oracle Linux
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
> <...>
>> | Yankee Group research fellow Laura DiDio estimates Red Hat already
>> | owns between 75 percent and 80 percent of the commercial
>> | open-source distribution market.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.techweb.com/wire/software/189602096
>
> I wouldn't care if Dildo said that Windows was the best things since
> sliced bread, or Linux was the second coming of Christ; she's still a
> bubble-head Barbie, way out of her league, and someone should stick a
> cork in her arse.

If there is an ulterior motive here, I would say it is the implication that
Linux is a closed-source system controlled by commercial body. It
de-elevates the added value of Linux.

Perhaps this 'report' was part of her homework, which she needed to complete
in order to earn CS qualifications. A 'D' (for Didiot) would still be a
passing grade.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    England - 1  Ecuador - 0
Cpu(s):  20.2% user,   3.6% system,  17.4% nice,  58.8% idle