Re: HotSync Manager Help....Please HELP.....

__/ [ MagicHat ] on Wednesday 28 June 2006 07:11 \__

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install Palm Desktop 4.1.4.  For some reason, Hotsync
> manager will not start.  when I click on the icon, the hour glass
> appears for 2sec. and that's it...nothing actually starts up.  I have
> tried un-installing/re-installing...turning off anti-virsus
> software...re-booting...I can't seem to find any solutions on-line
> either.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thank you for your time,
>
> Matt

Hi,

Try going to Start (Windows logo), Choose "Run...", enter 'cmd', then ENTER,
go to the path of your Palm installation (e.g. cd progra~1). Run the HotSync
manager exectubale from the command-line and see if you get some more
verbose indicator of what goes wrong. Otherwise, it's rather hard to
debug/fix.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    England - 1  Ecuador - 0
Tasks: 174 total,   2 running, 155 sleeping,   0 stopped,  17 zombie