Re: [News] Journalist Takes the Full Linux Dive and Survives *Gasp*

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Life without Windows
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Ubuntu, a user-friendly version of Linux, has been running so nicely on
> | my home personal computer that I decided to do an experiment. I wrote
> | down a list of tasks I normally do with Windows XP and decided to see
> | how many of them I could do on Linux.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | Frustration faded away and a sense of satisfaction set in. I had
> | survived the weekend without Windows.
> `----
>
>         http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=business06_june27_2006d

It is clear from this article that the fellow had done his homework before
doing the job. It is always necessary to prepare before doing something
totally new and different. Otherwise, you end up a bitter failure, like
certain Wintrolls in COLA.

Ian