Re: E.U. v. MS - Looks bad?

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 27 June 2006 17:46 \__
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> __/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Tuesday 27 June 2006 16:36 \__

>>> "excerpts". An embarrassing enough typo to beg for a followup...
>>
>> Not as embarrassing as the impact on MS's share price of the result will
>> be.  If, of course, it's not followed up as usual by the standard
>> pressure from the US government in their normal corrupt way.  And people
>> here complain about Russia...
>                        ^^  ^
>
> What does that spell? No comparison intended, but the observation that a
> country is moved by connections and nepotism is hard to conceal. Think, for
> example, telecom giants or oil giants. Money (industry) makes the world
> (politics) go 'round...
>
> The less supervision, the more corruption. But the EU/EC is not tolerant of
> such blindness, much as the Americans request that the Russians deal with
> piracy before they can enter the (not sure here...) WTO.

Unfortunately, the Russians have oil;  lots and lots of it, and the USA
and the EU are short of oil, hence the invasion of Iraq.  The last
German chancellor is chairman of a company set up to manage a very nasty
looking deal on an oil pipeline between Germany and Russia, a deal which
seems to have gone ahead /in spite of/ EU negotiations...  corruption is
everywhere, especially when key raw materials are being considered.

Good day to avoid cops.  Crawl to work.