Re: E.U. v. MS - Looks bad?

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 27 June 2006 17:46 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Tuesday 27 June 2006 16:36 \__
>>
>>> __/ [ William Poaster ] on Tuesday 27 June 2006 16:18 \__

>>> One of the excepts which I came across this afternoon mentioned that some
>>> draft was being written, which could indicate that Microsoft lose (it was
>>> more explicit than phrases in the article above). You can get your hopes
>>> up and MSFT down.
>>
>> "excerpts". An embarrassing enough typo to beg for a followup...
>
> Not as embarrassing as the impact on MS's share price of the result will
> be.  If, of course, it's not followed up as usual by the standard
> pressure from the US government in their normal corrupt way.  And people
> here complain about Russia...
                       ^^  ^

What does that spell? No comparison intended, but the observation that a
country is moved by connections and nepotism is hard to conceal. Think, for
example, telecom giants or oil giants. Money (industry) makes the world
(politics) go 'round...

The less supervision, the more corruption. But the EU/EC is not tolerant of
such blindness, much as the Americans request that the Russians deal with
piracy before they can enter the (not sure here...) WTO.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Bring home the world cup, England!
Tasks: 167 total,   2 running, 147 sleeping,   0 stopped,  18 zombie