Re: 64 Bit Linux distro?

__/ [ mlw ] on Monday 26 June 2006 12:56 \__

> What is a good solid 64 Bit Linux distribution? With good driver and
> application support?

As far as 64-bit builds are concerned, I have only seen Mandriva 2006 in
action. It was flawless on my friend's hardware, which could even be
Linux-hostile.

Since OpenSuSE 10.1 is better-reputed, it would have to be my personal
recommendation. It all depends on your hardware and preferences, but SUSE
seems like somewhat of a superset with many window managers 'out of the
box', multi-head support, and a supportive community.

http://en.opensuse.org/Released_Version#x86-64

Best wishes,