Re: Novell board ousts top management

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

http://digg.com/linux_unix/InfoWorld:_Novell_hits_a_desktop_home_run_with_SLED_10

It is one among several that I have come across (from unbiased press). Only
Ubuntu and Red Hat (primarily in server space) will give them a run for the
money in the long term. I am not sure about Linspire and Xandros.

I definitely see SLED fitting in places like duPont (where I once contracted). They have many engineers who need the basic desktop and office functions but who want a scientific and engineering quality workstation.

This was the market for WinNTPro, XPPro and so on. But I think many of them, who often have a lot of say in what software/systems they can use, would want to adopt something like SLED 10.