[News] Gartner: Adoption Perils for Microsoft Office 2007

Office upgrade hard to justify, warns analyst

,----[ Quote ]
| Only companies that are signed up to Microsoft's Software Assuranceplan
| are likely to adopt Office 2007 in the near future because IT managers
| find it extremely hard to justify an Office upgrade to their board,
| according to analyst group Gartner.
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-1012_3-6086693.html?part=rss&tag=6086693&subj=news

They way I understand it, a migration to Vista will be perceived as a
pre-requisite. Vista is XP in a fancy suit (flash is unimportant in the
office), so a Linux upgrade with move to OpenOffice 2/3 seems like a better
route. That's excellent news for OSS and GNU/Linux (Novell SUSE Desktop?).