Re: [News] Lost Leadership at Microsoft

__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Wednesday 21 June 2006 19:54 \__

> begin  risky.vbs
> <28789961.3L5iltAtTk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> __/ [ Roy Culley ] on Wednesday 21 June 2006 13:42 \__
>>
>>> Vista is clearly in serious trouble. Gates going will not be enough to
>>> save MS. Its about time they brought in competent management and got
>>> rid of the crud. Even if they do this it will be too little too late
>>> IMO.
>>
>> Well, as Styeve Ballmer said to UK managers, one needs to double the
>> initial estimates of people who ought to be sacked. Fortunately for
>> Ballmer, people are sacking themselves, which saves him the
>> trouble. Another key man (Hase) has just departed from that sinking
>> ship. If I were an MS developer, I would begin to panic.
>
> The key people are always the first to leave a sinking ship like MS.
> That will result in their decline accelerating. Before you know it
> they'll be left with a load of monkey coders.

Monkey? http://www.ntk.net/media/dancemonkeyboy.mpg

Coders? http://www.ntk.net/media/developers.mpg

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: sheep outnumber people in NZ
  7:45pm  up 55 days  0:59,  12 users,  load average: 1.74, 1.25, 1.02