Re: Search Results

__/ [ Big Bill ] on Wednesday 01 March 2006 01:30 \__

> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:43:41 -0500, "RG" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>I have done a search on a keyword on a number of search engines.  In the
>>search results I could see the keywords I was searching for.  However, when
>>I click on the site, nowhere is there a reference to this keyword.  Same is
>>true for the source behind html page.  Why is that?  What does it mean?
>>
>>Thanks in advance
>>
> It means the word or phrase can be found in the anchor text of links
> coming to the site from other sites.
>
> BB

True. Or from the site to itself (e.g. deep pages to opening page). Use
highlighting tools (many search toolbars come with these) or rely on site's
built-in keyword highlighting (WordPress tends to achieve that) and keep
track of where keywords appear as you navigate from page to page.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  3:30am  up 1 day 23:41,  8 users,  load average: 1.19, 1.01, 0.78