Re: Opinions on new PDA please

  • Subject: Re: Opinions on new PDA please
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 09:48:11 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.palmtops
  • References: <1hb8b7i.bj7hok6lapekN%kelpie@macmail.com> <dtmadi$1msc$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk> <KC%Lf.35091$Id3.30306@fe04.news.easynews.com> <dtqnhr$6mr$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com> <dtrav4$1cn3$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk> <dts325$o4i$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com> <dts4iv$2vqo$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk> <dtsr7e$17g$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com> <MnmMf.167869$uu4.11955@fe02.news.easynews.com> <1rhbd3-1d5.ln1@emgee.demon.co.uk> <dtv9te$5kb$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com> <t8vbd3-cp5.ln1@emgee.demon.co.uk> <dtvirv$4fn$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com> <46qbakFc2p1qU1@individual.net>
__/ [ Don Ocean ] on Friday 03 March 2006 07:59 \__

> Martin wrote:
>> <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>>No you didn't that's why I pointed it out.

>>>Practically all of them it's usually inside in litre plastic bottles. It
>>>costs rather more than the stuff in the pumps but it works quite happily
>>>in a diesel engine.
>>>
>>>You really should get out more.
>>>
>>>As an aside there's a fascinating set of pages somewhere on the net
>>>about running diesels on used chip oil.

>> I get out plenty thank you. Why don't you give up? No one wants to use
>> Linux, OK Get over it and move on. By the way how many garages sell
>> vegetable oil by the gallon then? Oh and you still have to pay tax on it.
>>
>> You're missing the point. Linux is for a small minority that enjoy fucking
>> around with their computers rather than using them. YOU might take great
>> pleasure (presumably because you're a Billy no mates) sitting around and
>> spending all day getting something to work with Linux, but I don't.
>
> This is an amusing thread..There are millions of programs for linux..
> the backbone of the internet is Unix/linux... Most of the decent servers
> for your ISP uses linux.. If you do upper graduate work in math
> Astronomy etc.. the programs are there..Also in most linux installs is
> also programs for your PDA. If your just a home bookkeeper and not good
> with computors ..Stay owned by Windows. <snip />. Support
> those that now have the Jobs Americans had... Even Apple now uses a
> native linux system on its newer systems. Right out of the box. By the
> way a Good linux adminstrator or programmer gets top dollar and has
> massive job opportunities. Window certs are dime a dozen. Linux is also
> native for lans, wlan, wans etcTry running a dual boot system for a
> while and see how it gos if your progressive. SUSE linux already has
> the system incorporated for dual boot...You don't need any other
> software... No partition magic and no boot magic...It is all there and
> will load right beside your existing OS. The guy that wrote SiSandra
> while in one of your UK colleges a few years back was a crackerjack
> Unix/Linux man. And SiSandra is made for windows.

You said that amusing is the thread, yet the only amusing thing about it is
the path it has taken. I guess I am partly to blame because I urged the OP
to stick with Palm O/S, which has recently been superseded by or combined
with Linux and will thus integrate well with future desktops.

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - baseless statements snipped out.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
  9:45am  up 2 days  5:23,  8 users,  load average: 0.50, 0.53, 0.76