Re: How long before new domain names show up in search engines? thanks.

  • Subject: Re: How long before new domain names show up in search engines? thanks.
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 13:24:02 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.websites
__/ [ Alan Cole ] on Monday 27 February 2006 15:48 \__

> In article <jn66021cr9hdl54u9vk6vc120okh0h548c@xxxxxxx>,
>  Anthropy <blah@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>> I've just got a new domain name today and I'm wandering how long it
>> will take to show up in search results?  I'm using simply.com ?
>> Thanks
>
> It makes no difference which registration agent you use... Each search
> engine will take its own time to list your site, but if you have inbound
> links to the site it shouldn't take too long... Getting decent rankings
> will depend on the amount of time, effort and expertise you put into
> building and promoting the website.
>
> There are no set timescales as far as getting listed is concerned..
>
> Al.

I agree with Alan. Getting crawled is a matter of days if you have strong
(e.g. PageRank>=4) links. Being indexed and consequently high positions and
referrals is another matter. It can take a few week, I'd imagine.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | LINUX - (L)ove (I)s (N)ever (U)tterly eXPensive
  1:20pm  up 3 days  8:58,  12 users,  load average: 1.43, 0.72, 0.56