Re: Why do I hate Windows...

__/ [ Larry Qualig ] on Saturday 04 March 2006 12:26 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ Larry Qualig ] on Saturday 04 March 2006 05:09 \__

>> You are advised to keep your Windows machine unconnected. It gets hijacked
>> and hammers on Linux Web sites in scale that can be described as a DDOS
>> attack. I am among the victims, since September 2005.

>> I have an old HP scanner (purchased back in 2001). In Ubuntu 4, I plugged
>> it in for the first time and voila! Found hardware. Ran XSane, which comes
>> with the Ubuntu basic installation and began scanning.
>>
>> In SuSE 9.3 on the other hand, life was not so easy [sarcasm /]. I was
>> forced to double-click YaST, go to System -> Scanners -> Add news scanner
>> and then select my scanner from a long list of supported scanners. When I
>> installed SuSE, I did not include scanning software, so *gasp* Lo and
>> Behold, I had to insert my SuSE CD's to have XSane installed. I was
>> utterly disappointed. I was up for a little technical challenge. Same c**p
>> with my Palm handheld on both Ubuntu on SuSE -- worked without any added
>> software and was even wizard-driven.
>>

>> > And barely one week ago you had another serious computer problem....
>> >
>> > ------------------
>> >
>> > - "I have XP on a high end IceCube - AMD64 1gb ram - which is wasting
>> > it but I have to run my wife's Quicken 2000.  Otherwise ExPee would be
>> > out of here.
>> >
>> > Windows has experienced a serious problem and has shut down to protect
>> > your computer.
>> > MACHINE CHECK
>> > <blue screen verbage snipped out>
>> > Status 000000 000000 000000 000000 000000 etc"

>> > ------------------
>>

>> Seen it several times this week. The blue shows up in XP for no
>> justifiable reason whatsoever and a reboot is forced before you have time
>> to thoroughly read the error message. It is usually network-related.
>>

>> > I suspect that computers are a tad bit "too hard" for you. Seems that
>> > you are incapable of anything remotely technical. Perhaps a better
>> > career move for you might be something like working over at the car
>> > wash or flipping burgers. Clearly you can't handle simple tasks that
>> > millions of people have little to no problem with.
>>

>> With respect, I cannot believe that this comes out of *your* month, Larry.
>> Been a tough day?
>>
>> The OP should not be put to such challenges. If he is, then the operating
>> system is counter-intuitive and is prone to wasting the user's time. If
>> assistance is required, it costs money too and here we charge GBP 20 per
>> hour for virus removal.

>> > So now it's Vin??? Last week it was "Bill M"  Or perhaps you prefer
>> > "Robert J. Kolker" or "Gabriel Blazquez" instead? There's another loser
>> > around here who makes similar posts. We call him as flatfish.
>>

>> I believe it is not the case. The description seems genuine and it
>> resembles stuff that I continue to see.
>>

> "The description seems genuine..."???  It is not any different than the
> [...]

This post arrived rather shortly after /flashfish/ in disguise had returned,
so I take your point and _reluctantly_ accept it.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: who ownZ you tod4y?
  1:30pm  up 3 days  9:08,  12 users,  load average: 0.58, 0.49, 0.50