Re: Why do I hate Windows...

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ Larry Qualig ] on Saturday 04 March 2006 13:49 \__
>

> > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> >> __/ [ Larry Qualig ] on Saturday 04 March 2006 12:26 \__

> >> This post arrived rather shortly after /flashfish/ in disguise had
> >> returned, so I take your point and _reluctantly_ accept it.
> >>
> >> Best wishes,
> >>
> >> Roy
> >>

> > Thanks Roy. COLA would be better IMO if there were less hyperbole and
> > more discussion of the facts. I don't like these sorts of posts any
> > more than the flatfish style "I installed Linux and it burned down my
> > house" crap. There are occasional moments of realism here but
> > unfortunately many people have extreme bias towards one OS or the
> > other. For many (but certainly not all) it's either Linux is perfect
> > and Windows "burnded down my house" or the opposite. The reality is
> > nowhere near this extreme and both OS's could benefit with lessons
> > learned from the other yet manage to keep their own unique identity.
> >
> > Gave a good day... I'm off to go skiing (right after I finish this cup
> > of coffee). Wife and girls are away on vacation and my son is over a
> > friends house for the weekend. I'm all alone in this house so I'm going
> > skiing with a couple of friends from work. It's about 25-degrees
> > outside but the wind is howling like crazy.
>

> In relation to both paragraphs, don't go on the T-bar
> unless it runs Linux. *smile*

Thanks for the advice.<g>  I'm not a great skier but I'm certainly past
the T-bar stage. I don't know if you ski or not but the T-bar is a lot
more work than the chair lift. On a lift I can at least sit my ass down
for a few minutes and rest. On the T-bar you're on your feet trying to
keep balanced as the thing jerks around.

Too far off topic... need a Linux reference. Well I don't have one but
Solomon did have a "demo day" at the ski area yesterday. They have
these gizmos that you put your feet in and it will give you a
computerized 3D analysis of the pressure-points on your feet and camber
of your legs. They use this info to fine-tune a offset in to your
bindings to compensate for this. Cool looking stuff but I didn't bother
with it. (Line too long and I'm not looking for new equipment.) They
did this all with laptops that were running that "other" OS.