Re: Access/Linux/Palm Screenshots

__/ [ William Kendrick ] on Tuesday 07 March 2006 22:55 \__

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8399/access-linux-platform-demo-screenshots/

>> I am not sure what to call the new platform, but here is what it looks
>> like in action. It seems to be GNOME-based, judging by some icons set. The
>> Nokia 770 uses Debian with QT, I suspect.
>
> The Nokia 770 actually uses a GTK+-based environment.  It also ships with
> some of the SDL family of libraries, which is great for multimedia and
> game apps, since it means less to worry about porting, aside from your own
> app. :^)
>
>   Device Profile: Nokia 770 Internet Tablet
>   LinuxDevices.com, Dec. 28, 2005
>   http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT5858395674.html
>
>   Linux for Suits - A First Look at the Nokia 770
>   Linux Journal, February 2006 issue
>   http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8671

...This morning I read about the Nokia 770 getting VoIP! I still keep an eye
on it, but it needs PIM.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | SuSE, Mandriva, Fedora - Gotta love them girls
  5:05am  up 7 days  0:43,  9 users,  load average: 0.44, 0.93, 0.99