Re: When Security Patches Go Wrong

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 17:43:08 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ Erik Funkenbusch ] on Thursday 09 March 2006 17:35 \__
>
>> On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 07:44:17 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6047762.html
>>>
>>> This is not the first time this happens.
>>
>> Of course this never happens with open source.
>>
>> http://news.com.com/2110-1001-274277.html
>
> Published: October 11, 2001, 10:10 AM PDT
>
> It took you 10 hours to reply. Were you using live.com again? Did it take
> *that* long to find a suitable and rare reference that is 5 years old? I
> guess that's just how long it takes Microsoft to crawl the Web to its
> depths.

I know it may shock you, but I don't live on the internet.

And I didn't use google at all, It was just the first one that i
remembered.  I'm sure if I wanted to, I could find a lot more cases of this
happening, though it's only happened to the Linux kernel a few times.

> While on the subject of latency and pre-historic stories, I heard that
> live.com has a nice image search facility, so I searched for 'funkenbusch'
> and here is what I got.
>
> funkenbusch
> erik funkenbusch
>
> http://krow.net/images/msdino.png
>
> FUNKENBUSCH
> Funkenbusch
>
> The acnhor text buffering the above URL will bind your name with the photo in
> the SE indices. *smile* Of course, it might take Microsoft a while to parse
> this sequence, but not Google.

Nice way to show how dishonest you are, not that you haven't already proven
it in several ways.

By the way, I thought you didn't respond to me?