Re: Desperate to get found on Google

news:dusd8i$10o7$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> __/ [ Jez ] on Friday 10 March 2006 17:29 \__

> <rant>Is it just me who is disturbed by the idea that sites without
> inbound
> links don't count whereas those that get them artificially flourish? Many
> have said this before, but it's probably worth repeating. Where has
> fairness
> gone? The search enGine, probably pre-occupied with self-defence
> mechanisms
> (due to spam) discriminates against a /huge/ majority of the Web and urges
> Webmasters to waste their time 'link hunting'.</rant>

> I'll probably be pulling this statement very arbitrarily, at a very
> arbitrary
> moment. Yet, the discussion above struck a nerve, so I hope to get a a
> certain message across to Catherine.
>
> <rant>Is it just me who is disturbed by the idea that sites without
> inbound
> links don't count whereas those that get them artificially flourish? Many
> have said this before, but it's probably worth repeating. Where has
> fairness
> gone? The search enGine, probably pre-occupied with self-defence
> mechanisms
> (due to spam) discriminates against a /huge/ majority of the Web and urges
> Webmasters to waste their time 'link hunting'.</rant>

Sorry Catherine, please don't pay any attention to me, this has absolutely
nothing to do with your post. Follow what John and Jez have suggested thus
far and you should do better soon.

----

I like a good rant. I want to get in on it too. Here's mine.

Unfortunately Jez is correct with her assessment. Make the site seem
important and popular and you'll win the SERPs game. Has very little to do
with the content of the web site, the number of coding errors ... If you
build 1000s of unnecessary sub-level pages linking to the Entrance or any
other page you want, even if they are exactly identical, they will add up.
You can do this manually or generate it with software, doesn't matter. Just
gets links pointing. Doesn't matter what kind of links they are be it
textual, graphic, javascripted ... as long as Google can find them and they
point to the right place. Get your buddies into the action too, replicate
the biggest linking monster you can come up with. Doesn't matter who they
are, what their web sites are about. Nothing matters at all.

There is one catch though, you have to make the important web page as
useless as possible for the web visitor. Here is the trick, don't link to
anything from that page. Google forbids you to indicate that the page has
integrity and can be useful. Create your important pages to be as absolutely
useless as possible for a web visitor. Remember that by making a web page
useful will bring it down in the SERPs.

That's SEO 2006 for Google in a nutshell.

<fredzravingtoo>Whereas quality of a web site once counted for something in
the SERPs, it seems to no longer matter anymore. Build the worst possible
web site imaginable and use every conceivable spam technique on earth, sit
back and watch your traffic grow. Sad, but true. Should in the extremely
rare case that a web site gets penalized, simply move it
elsewhere.</fredzravingtoo>

Maybe this is a little exaggerated but my raving is over.

--

Fred canadian_web@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ethical SEO Tips, Tools and Resources