Re: Konqueror can't save for off-line work ?

  • Subject: Re: Konqueror can't save for off-line work ?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 09:32:24 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mandrake
__/ [ wbarwell ] on Saturday 11 March 2006 09:04 \__

>  news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems to me that Konqueror can't save the fetched page.
>> I need to fetch & save several pages, to be read off-line later,
>> and to extract URLs which I will fetch next time I go on-line.
>>
>> Is it possible that Konqueror can't do theis ?!
>>

> It should do it, but I have found that Konquerer
> as a browser is slow and a bit buggy. For reading
> and saving stuff Opera works very well, and its a
> lot better than Konquerer for stuff like printing too.
> I'd say google up the Opera website and download Opera
> and use that.  I use KDE and the file manager/konquerer
> works quite well with Opera as a system.
>
> Get Opera, you won't be sorry.

Using Konqueror in isolation is hard. Many zealous sites will not even let it
in. For that reason, I keep Firefox and Opera installed. I do not believe
that Konqueror has the functionality you described, but you can browser the
Konqueror cache, which probably resides in ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/
although I can't seem to find it.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  9:25am  up 3 days  2:02,  7 users,  load average: 0.41, 0.45, 0.40