Re: changing from *.html to *.php

__/ [ Borek ] on Saturday 11 March 2006 09:33 \__

> On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 05:25:03 +0100, Ed
> <apostle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I've just had to change the extensions on my blog's files from .html to
>> .php in order for a new feature to work.
>
> It was discussed not long ago. Filetype shouldn't be recognized by
> extension, so you should be able to achieve the goal (of using php)
> without changing file names.
>
> Best,
> Borek

Change the URL's and you will lose valuable links from the outside. Any
redirection has a cost unless you rewrite the URL's. You could change your
server configuration to treat HTML files as though they were PHP files (they
are now), but the practicality of this depends on what /else/ resides on the
same domain. If you choose to do this, be careful as you can b0rk (no, not
Borek) things altogether. *smile*

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
  9:35am  up 3 days  2:12,  7 users,  load average: 0.39, 0.49, 0.42