Re: Unisys: Open Source Will Kill Proprietary

__/ [ Jamie Hart ] on Tuesday 14 March 2006 14:20 \__

> "billwg" <billw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>

>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/3625/53/
>>>
>>> ,----[ Unisys says open source to doom proprietary software ]

>>> `----
>>
>> Sure it will, roy!  And you and the goat singing "My Old Kentucky
>> Home" acappella will doom commercial music!
>>

> Actually we are seeing that to some extent.
>
> Private individuals and bands are releasing music directly over the
> internet, which, while not "dooming commercial music", is making
> commercial music companies uneasy.

Precisely. I received 250 songs this afternoon, as part of a background job
(used to be cronned).

wget -q -r -l1 -H -t1 -nd -N -np -A.mp3 -i
~/Main/Misc/Media/Audio/Freely_Distributed_Music/march2006-2.txt &

Scripts and plenty of beef (URL lists) in:

http://www.schestowitz.com/Data/MP3_Sources/

Further instructions available on demand.

God bless the small-yet-talented bands. While you spend your money on record,
Billy boy, some people are filling terabyte hard-drives with music that's
downloaded autonomously using Web spiders.

Best wishes,