Re: Critical Linux kernel 2.4 bug

  • Subject: Re: Critical Linux kernel 2.4 bug
  • From: Bobbie <bobbie4@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 19:33:13 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
While dancing and signing to Enya's Carribean Blue, Roy Schestowitz
exclaimed:

> __/ [ Kelsey Bjarnason ] on Wednesday 15 March 2006 18:41 \__
>
>> [snips]

>>> Unless you do some violent overclocking... *smile*
>>
>> Hmm.  "How to convert your 100 megahertz box to 100 petahertz in five
>> easy steps.  Send $19.95 for free plans."  :)
>
> Or "how to burn a house down". Overclock, combust (I head of such a story in
> the search engines newsgroup lat week), then collect insurance money.

Wow, that sure must be how Linux burnt down that guy's house right to the
pad.
Bear with me here. I'm thinking the guy bought Kelsey's overclocking
scheme this week. Somehow his machine didn't overclock in the positive
direction it instead overclocked in the negative direction and he ended up
traveling back in time. Because of the time travel there where actually
two machines operating at different speeds occupying the same place at the
same time. This is what caused his computer to burst into flames which
burnt his double wide trailer to the ground,

--
Bobbie the Triple Killer is at http://members.shaw.ca/bobbie4/index.htm
Today's posting comes via the numbers 0 & 1, Suse 10.0 and Pan Newsreader.