Re: IBM Help Linux Migration in Australia

__/ [ Jim ] on Thursday 16 March 2006 16:49 \__

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Big_Blue_powers_up_Linux_in_NSW/0,2000061733,39246166,00.htm

>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | A NSW government project to make open source software and solutions
>> | cheaper and more accessible to its agencies is understood to have been
>> | boosted by IBM's confirmation of its membership of a panel of authorised
>> | suppliers.
>> `----
>>
>> PS - Just made my own contribution 5 minutes ago. Student had laptop
>> collapse due to to viruses, so he left with Ubuntu Linux! It's my last day
>> at work today (I resigned) and I will finish within the next quarter of an
>> hour.
>
> nice way to bow out there... so, what's next for you then? Waikiki Beach?

No, thesis writing. *smirk* Thanks for the good work there. I am saddened to
have left friends and colleagues after three and a half years of service.
I'll probably get over it by the morning. I will still see some colleagues
in the LUG. This Saturday we host a talk on MythTV. *smile*