Re: Linux on Intel Macs

__/ [ ray ] on Thursday 16 March 2006 15:43 \__

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/84804/researcher-boots-linux-from-intel-mac.html

>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | An IBM researcher working on operating systems, virtualisation and
>> | computer security has developed an application that enables Linux,
>> | and potentially Windows XP, to boot on an Intel Mac.
>> `----
>
> I believe there are at least two Linux distros already available which
> will do that.

I knew of only one, which is what made the article rather odd. It doesn't
seem to introduce any novelty. Maybe the name "IBM" made it more reachable
to mainstream media.

Linux on OS X is not a simple project; not as easy as it may seem at first.
Even once you obtain the appropriate image, there are hardware-related
issues like the one-button mouse. This begs for some new peripheral$.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Did anyone see my lost carrier?"
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  5:40pm  up 8 days 10:17,  7 users,  load average: 1.11, 0.90, 0.64