Re: Dual head Matrox issues

__/ [ TDM ] on Friday 17 March 2006 17:43 \__

>> __/ [ TDM ] on Friday 17 March 2006 16:03 \__
>>

> <snip>
>
>> How have you defined your monitors? Maybe they are badly configured. Have
>> you
>> let SaX2 (in YaSY/Control Center) handle this? You can see my own X
>> configuration file, where the more crucial bits are at the end:
>>
>> http://schestowitz.com/Data/XF86Config
>>
>> Also see the resource that Mr. Aho pointed you to. This can be rather
>> helpful.
>>
>> Hope it helps,
>>
>> Roy
>
> Roy,
>
> Just looked at your X config file. Looks set up just like mine is.
> Can you drag Apps from one display to another ? I can not, and
> that would be nice to get working if it is possible.
>
> TDM

Yes, it works just fine in SuSE 8.1 with KDE 3.1. The behaviour of any item
is irrespective of the monitor in which it is contained. Even window
placement takes account of both monitors (options for this in Control
Center), so it's as though a wide display exists and it is transparent to
the hardware used.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Ping this IP, see if it collapses" --Windows TCP
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  6:25pm  up 9 days 11:02,  7 users,  load average: 0.28, 0.24, 0.34