Re: Bot question

__/ [ hug ] on Saturday 18 March 2006 02:21 \__

> "Allison McGhee" <amcghee@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>My site visit information says I have 275 visits from bots and spiders in
>>the last week. Does this mean Google, Yahoo, MSN, and Alta Vista are
>>constantly crawling my site or are these the result of a search request
>>from someone?
>>
>>thx
>
> That depends a lot on how your "site visit information" was collected.

It also depends on what your program means by "visits from bots and spiders".
These sound like attempts to crawl and index your pages, but not as you
hopefully allude to in your question -- a referral, i.e. human using the
search engines.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Stand for nothing and you will fall for anything"
  4:30am  up 9 days 21:07,  8 users,  load average: 1.04, 0.42, 0.42