Re: Quicktime nightmare...

__/ [ Jure Sah ] on Saturday 18 March 2006 22:31 \__

> Hello,
>
> When I have installed QuickTime to play back it's own format movies, I
> took special care not to associate it with any other format. And it is
> not associated with any other format. Yet when I visit an URL that
> points directly to an MP3, I see quicktime running instead of having an
> option to download the MP3.
>
> That is very annoying. Is there any way to forcibly prevent quicktime
> from doing that without uninstalling it?

Hi, if you are using Firefox, you can specify handling of filetypes that are
internal to the application. You can choose to open them using a
pre-specified application or simply save them to disk without any prompts.
You will find the option under Edit->Preferences->Downloads->File Types if I
recall correctly.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Othello: http://othellomaster.com
http://Schestowitz.com