Re: Open Source Tax Credit

news:dvilhf$2uj6$6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.americanprogress.org/site/pp.asp?c=biJRJ8OVF&b=1468377
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | An open source tax credit is proposed which would allow individuals
> | who develop open source software to receive a tax credit worth 20
> | percent of their out-of-pocket costs. Corporations and self-
> | employed individuals may already take a deduction for their
> development
> | expenses for both open source and proprietary commercial software.
> | The open source tax credit provides a similar incentive for
> | individuals who currently have no means to deduct these expenses.
> `----
>
> If successful, this could become somewhat of a death knell to
> proprietary
> software.

I bet the number of claimed OSS developers would go up anyway!  LOL!!!
Deduct 20% of your claimed costs, say a new PC, some memory strips, a
new printer, wide screen LCD monitor, your RoadRunner bill, and part of
your heating and electric bill directly from your taxes!  I can see
SourceForge needing a bigger server already.