Re: Google dance still ongoing?

__/ [ Timmermans ] on Monday 20 March 2006 08:46 \__

>> __/ [ Big Bill ] on Monday 20 March 2006 07:06 \__

> update
>> >
>> > This is yet another occasion for which there is no precedent, so
>> > no-one knows. Perhaps this is the future, it'll always be this way.
>>
>> I am not seeing any dances. How many separate results page are you basing
>> this on? How long has it gone on for?
>
> About a dozen.  My site www.maleisie.be.  It's new since last november and
> I have been waiting for pr to appear, and it did so together with everyone
> elses, but eversince it kept blinking between pr0 and pr3.  Search results
> give a variation between position 5 and 14.
>
> Am I confusing the google dance perhaps with googles servers not being
> synchronised?  Should they not been so after these last few weeks?

It sounds as though you simply get assigned different datacentres. I was
about to suggest that as an option *even* before I read your last sentence.
There used to be a Web-based tool that could give insight into these
inconsistencies. However, as I have just checked once again, it is still
unavailable (let us hope not permanently).