Re: internet banking with firefox

__/ [ wbarwell ] on Sunday 19 March 2006 20:10 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Al ] on Friday 17 March 2006 23:19 \__
>>
>>> I have been using firefox in windows for ever. Why can i not do internet
>>> banking using firefox in suse 10 while i can use it to do internet
>>> banking with firefox on windows on the same machine ???? I get a message
>>>   saying I need IE 5 or above or netscape .... very odd. I am puzzled. I
>>> dont really want to switch back and forth to windows just for internet
>>> banking. Please help me.
>>> Thanks
>>
>> Two quick options:
>>
>> -Download Opera, which is free. It pretends to be Internet Explorer 'out
>> of the box' (it did so back in version 8.5).
>>

> It can be set to pretend to be Opera, Mozilla or IE.
> The only hold ups are sites that use ActiveX or
> other Windows specific OS features.
> There are ways to set up websites that such tricks
> will not fool them and are set to use only Windows.

What Harold said! *smile*

__/ [ Harold Stevens ] on Sunday 19 March 2006 20:15 \__

> Anybody who continues to deal with such cretins is gonna get burned. There
> are just too many clueful institutions competing for online banking to put
> serious money at risk with that gaggle of blatantly obvious microsmurfs.
>
> I wouldn't let them near my kitchen toaster, much less my online banking.

I would only have to add that Internet Explorer 7 continues to support
ActiveX, which will promote and encourage _not only_ lack of
inter-operability. This will also put many computers in jeopardy.