Re: Google dance still ongoing?

__/ [ Barbara de Zoete ] on Monday 20 March 2006 09:59 \__

> On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:50:32 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Timmermans ] on Monday 20 March 2006 08:46 \__

>>> About a dozen.  My site www.maleisie.be.  It's new since last november
>>> and
>>> I have been waiting for pr to appear, and it did so together with
>>> everyone
>>> elses, but eversince it kept blinking between pr0 and pr3.  Search
>>> results
>>> give a variation between position 5 and 14.
>>>
>>> Am I confusing the google dance perhaps with googles servers not being
>>> synchronised?  Should they not been so after these last few weeks?
>>
>> It sounds as though you simply get assigned different datacentres. I was
>> about to suggest that as an option *even* before I read your last
>> sentence.
>> There used to be a Web-based tool that could give insight into these
>> inconsistencies. However, as I have just checked once again, it is still
>> unavailable (let us hope not permanently).
>
> Here is a nice one that works good enough for me:
> <URL:http://www.void.be/googletool.html>

I have tried it for a while, but I can't say that I find it as helpful as
MCDar. No data is being summarised. It's merely a split to frames, which
saves some 'leg work'. Although I have not comes across such sites before,
there is a striking resemblance to something that I put together last week:
http://www.schestowitz.com/report-spam/

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
 11:30am  up 12 days  4:07,  8 users,  load average: 0.39, 0.59, 0.76