Re: Microsoft's Mind-Boggling Statement

__/ [ Robert Newson ] on Monday 20 March 2006 13:51 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft: We've been into open source for years
>
> ...that way we don't have to write it ourselves, it'll be better, and with
> our sources being closed you'll never know...

Open Source developers should learn from Microsoft. Why fix bugs if you can
just hide them? *rolls eyes*

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/0/D01724835A4599D1CC25712D001259C2?OpenDocument

>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | After listening to Microsoft's Bill Hilf, one delegate at the
>> | recent government IT managers' forum, Govis, was heard to say,
>> | "You'd almost believe Microsoft was the leading supporter of
>> | open source software."
>> `----
>
> Yes, we'd never have got Windwos(TM) onto the web if it hadn't been for
> open source software...

Notice the subtle-yet-disturbing use of the phrase "leading supporter".

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "The only source is Open Source"
  2:20pm  up 12 days  6:57,  8 users,  load average: 0.34, 0.53, 0.69