Re: never had this trouble with Linux...

__/ [ Jim ] on Tuesday 21 March 2006 03:39 \__

> ...but it's prompted me to go all out on the switch, because it's
> pissing me right off.
>
> Midway through a VERY LARGE video rendering project Windows Automatic
> Update kicked in and downloaded/installed the latest "security" patches.
> Then on a five minute countdown, restarted the system. Rendering the job
> it was RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF, completely useless and EIGHT HOURS of CPU
> time WASTED.
>
> FUCK MICROSOFT, they just fucking cost ME EIGHT HOURS. That seven
> hundred pound AMD64 system is getting Debian 3.1r0 on it as I type this.
>
> Now, WHO do I SUE for my lost time, and possibly a lost contract?

To be fair, lost time is not something you can ever reclaim for. I feel your
pain as for many years I have spent time maintaining Windows machines, which
during 'degragfests', kept me awake. Your life will be easier with Linux.
This sure was the case for me. After many years (since 2000), I am yet to
see the day when Linux fails me. I am still waiting, and waiting...

Best wishes,