Re: Linux at Indian Government

__/ [ shrini ] on Thursday 23 March 2006 03:21 \__

> Friends,
>
> Nowadays, all grwing countries make linux as offical platform.
> But in india, the politics plays well on linux.
> Gates comes often to india.
> Give a lot of money to politicians.
> and He makes bonds and contracts
>  with indian goverment systems
> to give special training, softwares and services.
> Thus he is making india as a slave of MS.
>
> Eventhough Mr.Abdul kalam, President of india and like people are
> always promoting open source and linux, the decision makers are
> bounded by MS.
>
> Is there any way to avoid this in future?
>
> regards,
> T.Shrinivasan.

You have your power as an individual. Use Linux, demonstrate Linux to
friends, family, and colleagues; burn copies and disseminate them across the
neighbourhood. Ensure that people's skills are unaffected by what gets
orchestrated from above. It is /people/ who ultimately choose what O/S they
use at work. The government is composed of people too.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Turn up the jukebox and tell me a lie"
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  3:25am  up 14 days 20:02,  8 users,  load average: 0.65, 0.86, 0.88