Re: Windows Late, Linux "Right on Trucking"

__/ [ Brad ] on Thursday 23 March 2006 17:53 \__

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1941370,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03129TX1K0000616

>> Late Vista, Timely Linux
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Opinion: Why does Microsoft keep falling on its face when it comes
>> | to deadlines, while Linux and other open-source projects keep right
>> | on trucking?
>> `----
>
> Because Vista is a bug laden, security admins nightmare that needs a
> current (brand new) high powered (CPU) with a bunch of RAM in order to
> function. MS knows this and are trying to put as many band-aids on it as
> they can before they ship. I can mention ONE MS product that will sum it
> all up. Mellenuim Edition (ME). I am willing to bet that Vista will be the
> next ME.
>
> Brad

Don't flatter Vista. A close friend and colleague of mine still uses ME. He
brought the computer to a technician an endless number of times. Had he paid
the Bill (luckily, his son-in-law has a personal IT 'expert'), that would
have cost him far more than the entire computer.

On a(n un)related note, I participate in some Windows-oriented newsgroups as
well. Today I read a message from a guy whose new laptop had *only* half a
gigabyte of RAM. He asked is there was a hack that would enable his to
extend memory. *sigh* And that was just XP...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Ballmer O/S - so furious it may crash
  6:15pm  up 15 days 10:52,  8 users,  load average: 1.29, 0.73, 0.66