Re: Forbes Columnist: Vista Not 'People Ready'

__/ [ Mark Dodel ] on Thursday 23 March 2006 18:08 \__

http://www.forbes.com/2006/03/22/vista-microsoft-ballmer_cz_dl_0322microsoft.html?partner=links

> -> Having read this extremely damning article, in forbes, of all things, I
> -> wonder if Vista is going to be a bit of a disaster.  Clearly Forbes do
> -> not see anything of value in it.  Certainly I absolutely do not want,
> -> under any circumstances, to talk via my cellphone to an /outlook/ server
> -> for any reason at all - the best innovation $employer could make would
> -> be to move my mail onto a proper server, so I could use a proper mail
> -> client.
> ->
> -> On a slightly different note, this is the first truly damning article
> -> from a mainstream business press publication I've seen, I wonder if this
> -> will be the first of many.  It would appear that businesses are waiting
> -> see what everyone else is going to do on the 'open source' front,  but
> -> it would also appear that IBM, Novell/Suse, Red Hat, Sun, HP and co are
> -> all waiting in the wings to manage a new computing offering should any
> -> business want one.
> ->
> ->
>
> Perhaps Novell or RH could get Arnold do a commercial: "Hasta la
> vista, Vista"?
>
> Mark

No, no. It's "I'll be fscked (sic)".

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux + tax = Mac OS = (Windows - functionality)
  6:20pm  up 15 days 10:57,  8 users,  load average: 0.26, 0.55, 0.60