Re: Use of characters "é" or "ê"

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
__/ [ Harlan Messinger ] on Thursday 23 March 2006 16:29 \__

I have a euro symbol entered directly into a file using UTF-8 encoding
and serve it as UTF-8. It is displayed as a euro symbol in Netscape 4.7,
and my copy of Lynx cleverly displays it as "EUR". Add existing support
by current versions of IE, Mozilla, Netscape, and Firefox, and I wonder
what you mean by "loosely supported".

I was thinking about Asian languages, which require loading of some extra components and are slow(er) to render, over here at least. My arguments will not hold for Latin typography like "é" or "ê", so apologies for my spontaneous, poorly-generalised remarks.

I also did think (just for a split second but i did) about older browsers, and my "and" should have been a second or, but hey, we are getting older and the net is changing fast. :-D

--
Webontwerp: http://vision2form.nl/webontwerp/
Korte handleiding zoekmachine optimalisatie / gevonden worden: