Re: TT standard software re-install?

__/ [ Alexander Huber ] on Friday 24 March 2006 11:52 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ Alexander Huber ] on Friday 24 March 2006 09:47 \__
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Some of the standard applications on my TT (e.g. Voice Memo) crash since
>>>I had to hard reset it recently. From where can I re-install software
>>>that originally came with my TT?
>>>
>>>Many thanks!
>>>
>>>Alexander.
>>

>> I you reset the unit with data loss, the Palm will revert to its factory
>> default state, namely emptied or largely-depleted RAM and basic, built-in
>> applications in ROM. You can then install additional software from the CD
>> or restore data and programs from Palm Desktop (HoySync -> Select user
>> profile).
>>
>> Hope it helps,
>>
>> Roy
>>

> Well, I have found VoicePad.prc in my archives, but I cannot seem to
> delete VoicePad from my TT, any attempt to do so with "Card tools" or
> "fileZ" crashes the device, any suggestions?
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Alexander.

I suggest that you embrace Doug's insightful opinion:

__/ [ dhoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Friday 24 March 2006 10:30 \__

> Have you ever made changes to the flash ROM (using JackFlash or similar
> utility)?  If so that software should have guided you into first making
> a complete backup of the flash ROM image in case something should go
> wrong.  Do you recall making such a backup?  If none of this applies,
> then I am at a loss for suggestions.  Perhaps contacting Palm technical
> help...

Hope it (/he) helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"
 12:00pm  up 16 days  4:37,  8 users,  load average: 0.79, 0.76, 0.77