Re: Vista to be Released January 2007 (At the Earliest)

__/ [ Linønut ] on Friday 24 March 2006 15:10 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Grug belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Linønutlinønut@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>>>
>>> You claim MS started over.  Apparently not.
>>
>> That makes no sense...
>>
>> Vista has some completely new components, and a lot of older stuff just
>> isn't in there anymore.
>>
>> They almost started over from scratch on some major parts of the OS.
>> They rewrote some major portions as well (some I mentioned above).
>>
>> At one point (a long time ago), MS simply restarted the effort on a
>> Windows Server 2003 kernel.
>>
>> So if you don't want to say that's starting over, that's ok with me.
>> But that certainly doesn't change anything.
>
> I take back what I said, in light of Roy's posted rumor about the
> consumer edition of Vista now getting a 60% rewrite (ROTFL).
>
> Can you say "Weibel curve"?

The 60% rewrite (if true) might be the goal or the very prescribed
requirement. It doesn't mean it will make it on time, let alone be included
in the Vista trunk.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Seeing bad movies only encourages them"
  3:20pm  up 16 days  7:57,  8 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.78, 0.89