Re: Microsoft Office - One-Year Delay!

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft Office - One-Year Delay!
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 24 Mar 2006 07:41:52 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> ,----[ Microsoft announces Office 2007 delay ]
> | Fresh on the heels of a delay in broad availability of Windows
> | Vista, Microsoft confirmed late Thursday that it is also pushing
> | the mainstream launch of Office 2007 to next year.
> `----
>
> http://news.com.com/2100-1012_3-6053504.html?part=rss&tag=6053504&subj=news

>From the first paragraph:

<quote>
As with Vista, Microsoft hopes to finish the code for Office 2007 this
year. The company said that work will be completed by October, when it
will make Office 2007 available to business customers that have signed
up for Microsoft's volume licensing program.

And, again like Vista, Microsoft plans to ship retail and original
equipment manufacturer versions of the product in January.

....Microsoft had been planning a massive fourth quarter launch for the
products.
</quote>

For starters your headline of "One Year Delay" is genuinely dishonest.
There is no way at all that this is accurate in any sense. It's
basically a lie... pure and simple.

>From the information in the article it would be 3-months late. Moved
from Q4-06 to Q1-07. That would be 3 months late if you completely
ignore the fact that the article states that it *will* ship in Q4-06 to
business customers who have signed up to get the product.