Re: Microsoft Office - One-Year Delay!

__/ [ ray ] on Friday 24 March 2006 15:28 \__

http://news.com.com/2100-1012_3-6053504.html?part=rss&tag=6053504&subj=news

> It would seem to me that next year would be an appropriate time to release
> Office 2007!!

2007 is just perfect...... to announce the prospective release in 2008.

As regards Vista/Longhorn: First it was said to be ready by 2003 (the
two-year skip, including full testing), then it was 2005, then Microsoft
fell back to their Windows Server 2003 codebase (which is very similar to
XP, but was only released later, for a different niche), then 2006, finally
it shall be maybe.... just maybe... January 2007.

Are we really talking about a company that is supposedly runs the world (or
IT)? The world has just turned upside down. Alan Turing switches sides.
Microsoft are knocking those nails on the wrong coffin and brings shamble
upon humanity which still uses Windows while Linux and OS X are ready to
accept recruit and cushion the fall (if only it were not for lock-ins, e.g.
IP, DRM, proprietary formats and licences)

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Vista: Windows XP with bling-bling, nothing else
  3:45pm  up 16 days  8:22,  8 users,  load average: 0.52, 0.77, 0.79