Re: GPL Wins in court

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ B Gruff ] on Thursday 23 March 2006 15:33 \__
>
>> I really don't understand the ins-and-outs of this court case, or of the
>> Sherman Act, but if some of you gurus would like to comment, I'd certainly
>> like to read what you write:-)
>>
>> http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=14081
>
> Here is where I read about it for the first time:
>
> http://techdirt.com/articles/20060321/1256245.shtml
>
> Title: Just Because You Dislike Open Source, Doesn't Make It Illegal. There
> were many realted E-mails circulating around the ManLUG's mailing list this
> afternoon. Here is a snippet:
>
> ,----[ Snippet ]
>| Subject:      Re: [linux-users] The Abolition of Parliament ?
>|
>| On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 09:24:50AM +0000, <Anonymised> wrote:
>| > Someone mentioned it during conversation last Saturday - thanks
>| > whoever it was. It doesn't seem to have hit 'primetime coverage'
>| > which I find odd.
>|
>| It was me...
>|
>| http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,1072-2049791,00.html
>|
>| is the article I read.
>|
>| This isn't directly Linux related but one can easily imagine how the above
>| Bill could be abused to make life very difficult for those communist open
>| source software writers to compete with the pillars of modern business who
>| sell their quality software to the masses.
>|
>| <Anonymised>
> `----

Hmm, very very scary.  Did this bill actually get through?  I can see
that Tony B and friends on their busy lecture circuit wouldn't have that
much time for all that tedious parliamentary debate...  besides, if
you've got a majority, it's pointless really, isn't it?

I think...  I think it's in my basement... Let me go upstairs and check.
		-- Escher