Re: Why do my visitors leave?

__/ [ Ignoramus4723 ] on Friday 24 March 2006 20:22 \__

> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 21:15:12 +0100, Borek
> <m.borkowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 21:07:13 +0100, Ignoramus4723
>><ignoramus4723@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> I noticedthat a large percentage of my visitors to my home page come
>>> to it, and leave. I would like to know why. Are there any tools and
>>> tricks to find that out? thanks
>>
>> That's nothing unusual. Check in logs where do they come from mostly, that
>> may be a hint.
>
> Most come from noplace, I have a domain name that is a single word
> (algebra.com). They simply type it in their browser address window. So
> I do not know what they have in mind.

Spice up your front page, visually. I strongly recommend you do so, but keep
graphics low in terms of size. Your front page has not evolved to take
account of all the available technologies, which are already supported by
Web browsers. Even if your front page is nurtured in isolation, that will
give a positive first impression and appeal to the visitor who will explore
further.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Community is code, code is community
  8:20pm  up 16 days 12:57,  8 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.43, 0.68