Re: One DVD to Contain Multiple Live CD's

On 2006-03-24, ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:47:30 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ ray ] on Friday 24 March 2006 15:27 \__

>>> And, I've been carrying a 'multi-dist' CD for a year or so - boots about
>>> six or seven compact distros from one CD.
>>
>> Since most of them are composed or merely the same 'ingredients' (kernel,
>> GNOME/KDE, GRUB, Apache, etc.), this could be done without complete
>> separation. I am not sure if this has any merit though. It's hard to
>> maintain such spaghetti and certain distributions are merely a superset of
>> all others. SuSE, for example, comes with many window managers 'out of the
>> box'. And it remains reliable (alberit bloated)
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Roy
>
> That's not what was done here. They are independent, 'credit card' sized
> distros - like damn small.

I did one once before that had 3 small distros, just as a test. I might
try it again with a DVD and something larger. Just for a little
variety along with some extra software.

But first I need to remaster the Dapper CD so I don't have to keep
adding the "persistent" command to use the persistence of an external
flash drive. Maybe I'll put that one on the DVD with a couple of
others.

--
Beagle: Innovative Microsoft peer-to-peer software.