Re: Why dissing MS is good Linux advocacy

__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Saturday 25 March 2006 15:58 \__

> When I first started posting to COLA I used to flag anti-MS articles
> with [OT] in the subject line. This was a relatively rare occurence
> as the newsgroup was not infested with wintrolls to the extent it is
> today.
>
> When the wintroll infestation really took off and MS blatantly
> spreading lies and FUD about Linux, OSS and the GPL the gloves came
> off. MS and their bug ridden low quality SW was fair game. After all
> COLA is meant for the discussion of the benefits of Linux over other
> operating systems.
>
> Linux is clearly a better OS than MS windows. It is far more secure,
> more stable and feature rich than the MS offering.
>
> Showing up the weaknesses in MS SW is advocating Linux and OSS
> IMHO. The more people realise why windows is a poor chose whether for
> home computing or business / government use the better. As a Linux and
> OSS advocate I will point out why using MS SW is in general not a good
> idea.
>
> The recent delay in the vista release due to security problems just
> exemplifies why choosing MS is a bad idea. Its just a friggin OS for
> goodness sake. Years late and they are fighting with security
> problems.
>
> MS just can't live in a world where release often, fix quickly is
> becoming the desired norm.
>
> The future is OSS just like it used to be in the early days of
> computing.

"Apache?s Greg Stein says commercial software?s days are numbered. Instead,
we?ll be paying for software support in the years ahead, he says"

http://www.computerworld.com/softwaretopics/software/story/0,10801,109807,00.html

"According to IT services provider, Unisys, open source software is set to
have a similar impact on the marketplace as the internet did in the 1990s."

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate (Medical Biophysics)
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  4:10pm  up 17 days  6:55,  8 users,  load average: 0.39, 0.56, 0.85