Re: Microsoft Office - One-Year Delay!

begin  risky.vbs
	<pan.2006.03.24.19.57.17.734868@xxxxxxxxxx>,
	ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:56:25 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ ray ] on Friday 24 March 2006 15:28 \__

>> http://news.com.com/2100-1012_3-6053504.html?part=rss&tag=6053504&subj=news
>>>
>>> It would seem to me that next year would be an appropriate time to release
>>> Office 2007!!
>>
>> 2007 is just perfect...... to announce the prospective release in 2008.
>
> May be, but your summary indicates "pushing the mainstream launch of
> Office 2007 to next year." According to my calendar, this is 2006,
> making next year 2007 - of course, I could be wrong.

The implication is clear. When 2007 comes around MS will say Office
200n will be delayed until 2008.

I don't believe this of course. MS will release Vista and Office 200n
in 2007. Both will be bug ridden bloat with a new boatload of security
vulnerabilities. Both will flop from a sales point of view.  We are
seeing the death knell of MS as we know it. For MS to survive Gates
and Ballmer will have to go.