Re: Keeping knode and kmail in sync on different machines

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>>> IMHO the easiest and simplest way is to have a file server that over nfs
>>> does share /home to all the machines, this way you have access to
>>> everything, files, settings, data...
>>
>> That presupposes that both machines have network connectivity.  This
>> won't work for taking your laptop on the road, for example, which is one
>> of the most common sync scenarios.

> I solve this particular issue by always SSH'ing to one machine where
> everything is maintained. This requires fast connection at both ends,
> which is the major pitfall.

Thanks for your response.
That is actually what I do with kmail - run it on my desktop,
and access it on my laptop with WiFi.
This is perfectly acceptable from the point of view of speed.

Basically, I was wondering if there was a better way of doing it.

With knode, for example, I imagine one could download
.kde/share/config/knoderc .

> Mozilla applications have some synchronisation
> utilities, which are worth exploring. Thee other possibility, as already
> pointed out, is to share the filesystem and fetch the settings and data
> from there. I know about people who do this with Thunderbird, but this can
> probably be achieved with KMail and KNode.

I'm reluctant to share /home under nfs.
What happens if one is not connected to the machine with /home on it?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366